DirecTV customers have long enjoyed the ability to access apps from their TV service provider. These apps make it easy for them to check program guides, look up sports scores, and stay updated on local weather, besides a dozen or more other things.
DirecTV also provides apps for mobile devices, through which users can utilize their smartphones to control the TV, stream Live shows on the internet and much more. It is even possible to get these apps onto your Apple watches. For those that don’t know how, here is a look at how to access these apps and make the most of your TV experience.
Access The DirecTV Phone App
- Ensure that your phone has minimum operating system requirements for installing the DirecTV app – Apple iOS 8.0 and later or Android OS 4.2 and later.
- Download and install the DirecTV phone app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the app and sign in with your subscription account credentials. If you haven’t set up the account yet, do that on the official website.
- Configure the phone to work with your DirecTV setup at home. Choose the ‘Browse for TV’ option, and then ‘Receiver’. Now select the model from the list shown.
- Set up the phone to watch live TV by returning to the main menu and choosing ‘Guide’. You can use the option for shows, which have the Streaming + icon, as long as the place you are provides internet access. The rest can only be watched on your TV.
- Choose the ‘On iPhone/Android’ option to start watching TV on your phone. Choose ‘On TV’ to switch back.
Access The DIRECTV Tablet App
- Check that the tablet is running a version of the OS that is compatible with the DirecTV app – again, Apple iOS 8.0 and later or Android OS 4.2 and later. Also, Kindle OS 4.2.
- Download the app from Google play, Apple App Store, or Amazon Appstore, and install it.
- Launch the app and sign in with your account credentials, and for that, make sure you have signed up on the DirecTV website first.
- Set up the tablet to work with the DirecTV setup at home. After launching the app, choose ‘Browse for TV’, and then tap on the ‘Receiver’ option. Select the model you are using.
- Set up the device to watch Live TV on it. Tap ‘Guide’ and select any option with the Streaming + icon beside it.
- Choose ‘Watch on Tablet’ or ‘Watch on iPad’. To switch back, Choose ‘On TV’.