Parental Control is a feature offered by DirecTV to limit or block programs that you consider inappropriate for children. You might know that all the shows have a parental ratings tab that provides the details on the overall content of the show. The parental ratings tab can be accessed from the information page, which helps parents to find if a program is suitable for their children or not.
Parental Control feature is available with DirecTV receiver, mobile subscriptions, or dotcom accounts, and the feature allows you to restrict unsupervised TV watching based on the ratings of the program, block particular channels, control viewing times, and set spending limits for channels like DirecTV CINEMA or live Pay Per View events. The steps to set up parental control in DirecTV are explained below.
If you have a DirecTV HD DVR or DirecTV HD receiver
- Choose a show or movie
- Press on the Info button on your remote control
- Choose Parental and then select Parental Controls
These are the steps to choose parental control options if you are using an HD DVR or HD receiver.
If you are having an SD receiver or a DVR, you can
- Press Menu button on your remote controller
- Choose Parental, then Favorites, and then Setup
- From Setup, choose Parental Controls
- Select Edit Settings to make changes to Parental Control options.
Users also have the option to lock channels. If you choose Lock Now, you will be asked to enter a personal identification number (PIN). If at some other time, you wish to watch a locked channel, just type in your personal identification number, and the channel will be unlocked.
If you are making use of the DirecTV app to watch shows, you need to launch the app to set Parental Control.
- Launch the app and tap on the main menu
- Touch on Settings
- Select Parental Controls for iPad
- Choose Enable Parental Controls and type in the same PIN that you use in your receiver
These are the simple steps to set Parental Control in DirecTV. Get in touch with our experts for more information on the matter.